1) Search Engine Friendly URL’s – URL length matters a lot in SEO. You should better have a static URL rather than a dynamic one. Static URL gets easily crawled by search engines and indexed faster. So give priority for SEF URL’s. Check this URL http://www.yoursite.com/advertising/?campaign_id=402047449186&placement=pflo&extra_1=0 ; this is some website advertising section it can be simplified to http://www.yoursite.com/advertising.html. For Joomla Users you can go for Ace SEF or JoomSEF for SEF URL.
2) Title Tag – The title tag is the most powerful on-site SEO technique you have, so try to make most of it. The title tag should have keywords for which you want to get higher ranking in search engine for that keyword. Like a title of “Cheap Delux Rooms” for a Hotel website will be getting more weight-age than a title like “hotel with cheap rooms” Every web page has it’s own title tag if not than you can add it after <head> tag inside title syntax like <title>Cheap Delux Rooms<title>.
3) ALT Tags – ALT tags were meant to be for text browsers because the images didn’t show in text browsers so this ATL tags tells the visitor what would have come in its place. If you want you can also put your main keywords in the ALT tags.
<?php echo “./images/stories/seo.jpg” alt=”search engine optimization techniques”>
4) Link Popularity – Link popularity is one of the powerful SEO tool. For search engines to give priority to your site there should be at least one or two links pointing to the web site. Having higher ranking sites link to your web site is much important when it comes to getting your site a good ranking. Your keywords should be in the links you get and keep the keywords short. When you receive requests for a link exchange, check the site out before linking with them. Check if they are blacklisted using the Google Blacklisted tool. If they are blacklisted than don’t link to those sites as there is a chance that you too may get blacklisted.
You can submit your sites to the list given below:-
|Submit express :||http://www.submitexpress.com/submit.html|
|Free web submission:||http://www.freewebsubmission.com/|
5) Keyword Density – This is [(No of usages of any keyword)/(Total no of keywords)] This is much critical and should be used with care. You should use the keywords once in the title tag, once in the heading tag, once in bold text, and get the density between 3% to 15% . This is the optimum range. Also use your keyword(s) both low and high on the web page, keyword(s) should be in the first sentence and in the last one. Choose top level keywords.
6) Page Size – One important factor in ranking is page speed which you can check from our page analysis component. Your web page’s speed is an important factor to your visitors as well as the search engines. Why? Because the robots will be able to spider your web page faster and easier. Try your best to keep your web page over 5kb and under 15kb in size. Page speed is also counted in Google Page ranking now.
7) Unique Theme or Subject – Search engines are looking at themes more and more. Build content (Blogs, Articles, FAQ, tips, questionnaire, etc.) much as possible and keep the web pages around 300 to 500 words. Create content that’s related to your market and link them out to other related content on your site. Try to get 500 web pages or more to get a good rank.
8 ) Web Site Design – This is also important, if you want to get indexed! Text content should out weigh the HTML content. The pages should validate(should qualify W3C and CSS validation) and be usable in all of today’s leading edge browsers. Keep minimum flash and Java Script, search engines dislike them both a lot. Check the spider view of any webpage and you will know what gets indexed by search engines.
9) Insite Cross Linking – This will help you get all of your web pages indexed by the search engines as one is interlinked to another. Your web pages should be no more than three clicks away from the home page. Link to topic related quality content across your site. This will also help build you a better theme through out your web site. You should have a link back to your Home Page and it should be working.
10) Last but not the least you should spend as much time as you can for your site. Submit your site to major search engines. Participate in high ranking forums and leave a link of your site in those forums. Answer questions in Yahoo Answers etc, and give the resource as your website. Another way of attracting viewers. This is free advertisement. If you have money than you can advertise your site using Google Adwords or Facebook etc.