SEO for WordPress is now a Child’s Play Today!
One of the biggest sources of traffic for your blog are Search Engines – mainly Google, Yahoo! and Bing (formerly MSN). Therefore it is crucial to optimize WordPress to make it SEO-friendly. Many things are already done in WordPress itself, but still there is a room for many improvements.
If you care about Search Engines and your position in search results, you should install this plugin. If you are a beginner, default settings will be good for you. If you are an advanced user, you have many options to fine-tune your blog.
Some of the plugin features are:
<title> tag to get most of it;
- Add Meta Keywords, Meta Description and Meta Robots tags to all blog pages;
- Use entered tags and descriptions for Meta Keywords and Meta Description tags, or generate them from content;
- Prevent Search Engines from indexing archive pages and feeds, in order to avoid Duplicate Content problem;
- Prevent Search Engines from using descriptions entered in DMOZ (ODP) or Yahoo! Directory as description for page;
<link rel="canonical"> to specify preferred URL for each page;
rel="nofollow" to links in various places;
- Allows to enter custom meta keywords, description and robots for every post and page;
- Good default configuration for beginners and a lot of configuration options for advanced users (look for new ‘Meta SEO Pack’ menu);
- Full support for custom taxonomies;
- Custom filters – other plugins can integrate itself with Meta SEO Pack;
- Download the plugin
meta-seo-pack directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the ‘Meta SEO Pack’ menu and configure it if you want (you can also leave default configuration as-is if you are a beginner)
- Enjoy 🙂
If you need our wordpress seo services contact us.